The best email address is short, simple, and logical. Free email addresses are often long and confusing, and they include impersonal domains, like @Yahoo and @Ymail. In business, it is vital to create the right impression – you need an email address that is both unique and memorable.
With domain email accounts, you get complete control over your online persona. Using your own domain name makes it easy for others to email you and remember your address. It helps establish credibility by showing you are a real company with real employees, products, and services.
Remember, your domain name is your online brand. Your domain name gives you’re a presence on the Internet. Many people will look for your website when they receive an email from you by taking the part after the @ (ie. @doteasy.com). When your website appears, it validates and authenticates you and your products or services. Authentication is very important because of the amount of spam each of us receives from many free email service providers, such as @Hotmail.com.
Other benefits of using your own domain name for email:
- Establishes/reinforces your online identity
- Differentiate yourself from competitors (and spammers)
- Lets your customers know you mean business
- Many web hosting providers offer email services with their free web hosting plans.
- In addition to access via webmail, you should be able to access your emails via a POP mail client (ie. Outlook) and even your mobile device (ie. your iPhone).